My plans and focus areas for 2022.
- Develop a more active lifestyle 🏃
- Optimize for leverage 🚀
- Appreciate what I have 🌻
- Deep thinking. 5+ longform blogposts in 2022.
- Exercise at least three times per week.
- Make healthier food choices.
- Increase savings rate to 35%.
- Theme system journal at least once a week.
I’m quite happy with how I took on 2021 - The Year of Creation. I was able to do pretty well in all but the exercise target, even though I mostly maintained the target weight I set out for.
This year an active lifestyle is more important to me and I want to focus more on areas where I have disproportional leverage.
Focus Areas of 2021
- Produce more content (Youtube & Instagram) [25+ videos in 2021]: I made a looot of content. ✔
- Promote my work (100 Youtube subs & 1 organic Patreon): I ended up not focusing on Patreon at all, instead clack labs grew to over 1k Youtube subs in a year and also I made some fantastic friends in this hobby. Referrals paid more than Patreon would have, and it was never about the money more about the signal of my efforts being useful, which I see strong indicators for. ✔
- Work on long-form ideas or scriptwriting: I got much better at writing scripts for the Youtube videos, and also made good progress on writing better long-form work. ✔
- Run or cycle three times per week: This one I did pretty poorly at for most of the year. ❌
- Eat less takeout: Quite a lot of ebb and flow with this one especially as life gets busier, I really can’t be bothered to go shopping or cook. Huel for lunch helps a lot, and also at a high level I’m quite strict with calorie intake so I often skip lunch or breakfast so that the “bigger” takeout dinner is still roughly where I need to be for the day. 🤷♂️
- Increase savings rate to 30%: ✔
- Gratitude journal Mondays: Good, but no longer something I find value in using this format. ✔
Thanks for stopping by.